1. EMPOWER STAFF
- Leadership Team-The leadership team is made up of leaders of teams, departments, and others. Ideas are discussed by this group and then taken back to teams and departments.
- Team Leaders-5th grade is split into 5 interdisciplinary teams and 6th grade is split into 4 interdisciplinary teams. Each team is assigned a team leader. These team leaders meet monthly.
- Department Meetings -Department Meetings have taken the place of full staff meetings. Departments meet grades 5-8 and at each grade level. Department chairs also meet as needed.
- Scheduling Committee -This committee will answer what is important to us in terms of how we spend our time in future years. This committee is completely voluntary and consists of about 1/4 of our staff.
- Grading Committee -Answering the question of what is important to us in regards to grading. This committee was developed completely on a voluntary basis and, similar to our scheduling committee, is also about 1/4 of our staff.
- Coffee with Colleagues -We have developed an informal conversation using twitter, blogs, and in person conversation. The basic idea is that we are professionals sharing ideas with other professionals.
- The cross over -During October and November, 5th grade teams (3 teachers) met with 6th grade teams (2 or 4 teachers) in small windows of time. This offered the ability to get to know each other in a fairly informal way and find out what the other half of the building was doing. Each team met with another team at least two times.
- Community Time -Administration, counselors, and para-educators meet with entire student body to discuss the character education lesson for the month. This also allows teachers to meet as a grade level department more regularly and not outside of the school day.
- Small Teams-See above (Leadership, Team Leaders, Teams, Departments, etc.)
3. HIGH EXPECTATIONS
- Tiger Achievement Center-Designed to help students who need assistance. Eventually this will be expanded to high ability students.
- Tiger Success Program-Designed to make sure that all students complete homework.
- TIGER Skills-Clear set of skills established for students to learn and follow.
- Start right-Start with a lesson and set expectations on day 1.
- Behavior and Academics-A group of teachers will evaluate high expectations on behavior and academics. The grading committee has already begun to evaluate academic expectations and have discussed ways that will create a "never give up" feel in our school.
- Actions are aligned with words
- True trust takes time to develop