"I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow".
4 Practices of the Talent Magnet
- Look for talent everywhere
- Find people's native genius
- Utilize people at their fullest
- Remove the blockers
Talent is Everywhere
Talent Magnets see talents everywhere and know that everyone brings something different to the table. Talent magnets do not limit people to their defined job description. They find people's talent and put them to work.
- What do they do better that anything else they do?
- What do they do better than the people around them?
- What do they do without effort?
- What do they do without being asked?
- Identify Genius
- Test Genius-Ask the individual what they think they are good at to test your hypothesis.
- Work It-give roles beyond the formal job expectations
Find the native genius then publicly label it.
Be specific in praise
Get people resources
Leave your ego at the door-Work as a team
Get out of the way-"Nothing grows under a banyan tree."