- Servant Leadership should be a focus for teachers and students. If every student is serving others, all students are being served.
- The focus of Smokey Road is they strive to "reach and motivate students."
- Laurie Barron is in every classroom every week.
- Takes pictures and shares what teachers are doing with other teachers in her building
- Professional development comes directly from the teachers
- First day of school, all teachers teach their best lesson all day long. They do not have a shortened day and they do not spend the whole first day going through rules. Teach behavior by focusing on what you get if you do the right thing rather than coming from a negative perspective.